Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Country's S&T Today

In a recent interview by Inquirer.net with our two key personalities in the field of Science and Technology, I found it interesting to note that despite of our country's limitation to become at par with the rest of our neighboring countries, the Department of Science and Technology is still doing its best to produce the experts which our country really need.


As indicated by DOST Sec. Estrella Alabastro, our national government is in need of more support for our various S&T programs to flourish.

On the other hand...


On the state of Physics in the country, just imagine that we only have around 70-80 physicists out of almost 90 million Filipinos right now.

I myself dreamt of being one in my childhood days, but at least, seeing my sister Rubilyn Diane finished her Physics Major with a scholarship provided by the DOST and is now teaching this knowledge in a government secondary school in Quezon City, is already an accomplishment for my family. Also, Michael Andrew, a brother of mine, is presently a DOST scholar taking up his computer engineering at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.

As for its 5B budget...

I've noticed in a TV news that the DOST is in need of roughly 5.4 billion to support and finance its programs. I agree with some of our lawmakers that this is not enough and for me, we can possibly increase their finances through allocation from the E-VAT revenue.

Let's continue to support our DOST and our country's scientists and engineers!


source: www.inquirer.net



Sphere: Related Content

No comments: